This list is mostly a joke. I just wanted to poke a little fun at Christian debate, especially Internet Christian debate. The following is in no particular order (except for the end), and details my (sometimes not so) mild annoyance with these kinds of things. Enjoy!
How to Annoy Me, or How To Beat Me in a Debate
1. Claim my argument is not found in Scripture, especially right after I show a verse where it is found.
2. Pretend your position is the default one to be preferred until proven otherwise.
3. Accuse me of wishing to worship myself or my ideas instead of God.
4. State that I do not believe in the “God of the Bible.”
5. Use slippery slope arguments whenever possible, so that any mild disagreement results in calling Jesus a liar.
6. Accuse me of denying inerrancy.
7. Misstate my position subtly, then defeat that and proclaim my position untenable.
8. Misstate my position obviously, then defeat that and proclaim my position untenable.
10. Bring up several objections, allowing me to dispel each of them one by one. After a while, bring up the first one again.
11. Repeat all of these, ad infinitum. Or at least until I get frustrated. Then…
12. Claim I have never dealt substantively with any of the criticisms/I don’t understand your position/I’m not spiritual.
13. Finally, if you happen to be rude during any of this, claim Jesus and Paul did it too.
All posts, and the blog Possible Worlds, are the sole intellectual property of Randy Everist. One may reprint part or all of this post so long as: a) full attribution is given (Randy Everist, Possible Worlds), b) all use is non-commercial, and c) one is in compliance with the Creative Commons license at the bottom on the main page of this blog.